Saturday, January 28, 2012

Hallway Mini-Makeover

 I didn't get a complete before picture but basically this wall was all bare with the horizontal boards and it was all painted the tanish color. I decided it would be easier and make more sence to just paint that chalk board pain right on the wall instead of making and hanging a seperate chalk board.  I added the beadboard along the bottom using Gorilla Glue and a nail gun. Then added the pieces of barn wood along the side of the chalk board and along the top of the beadboard just to add a unique look.



I added some old coat hanger hooks so the girls could hang their coats and backpacks.


Love the look and the oldness of these hooks:)


I got the Mark Chalk (at Michaels) to write their Chores down. Love them because they write like normal markers and can't be wiped off without water.

Then I added this cute little box I painted and distressed for the chalk


2 comments:

  1. I love this! I love the old wood, the hooks, everything!!! So creative!!! I'm your newest follower. I like your ideas and hope to get some inspiration! I would love you to visit me :)
    Sherry's Bees Nest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Sherry! I'm so glad that you visited me and I love your blog! So many wonderful and creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete