Friday, February 3, 2012

Large Shelf w/Hooks - Black with Red Distress Marks

{Large Shelf w/Hooks - Black with Red Distress Marks} $75.00
 This was such a fun project!!! This is an old headboard turned shelf. I first cut the legs off, did a little sanding around, but not too much because I wanted it to be distressed and have that old farm house feel.Then I painted it red, let dry, then painted it black. Distressed with a sand block so some of the red shows through.
 Then I added 4 large hooks and some good ol chicken wire to give it that country feel that I thought it had from the beginning.
Loved how it turned out! Would look so cute in a kitchen with some plates or cute little primitive crafts. It also has a small circle hole in the bottom of the shelf so you can run a power cord to add some lighting or a burner.
Measurements; 4 feet 7 inches long x 7 1/2 inches wide x 16 1/2 inches tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment